Australian Fisheries Statistics
Australian Fisheries Statistics reports are designed to meet the needs of the fishing industry and fisheries managers, policy makers and researchers. The Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES) undertakes the analysis of all the fisheries data to produce the reports.
These reports contain data on the volume and value of production from state and Commonwealth fisheries, and on the volume and value of Australian fisheries trade, by destination, source and product, for the three years preceding the report. The reports also include profiles for a number of Australian fisheries, including the recreational sector.
The latest Fisheries Statistics are now available:
- Australian fisheries and aquaculture statistics 2016 [published Dec 2017]
- Australian fisheries and aquaculture statistics 2015 [published Dec 2016]
- Australian fisheries and aquaculture statistics 2014 [published Dec 2015]
- Australian fisheries and aquaculture statistics 2013 [published Dec 2014]
- Australian Fisheries Statistics 2012 [published Nov 2013]
- Australian Fisheries Statistics 2011 [published Dec 2012]
The full series of Australian Fisheries Statistics reports is available on the ABARES website