Rock Lobster Enhancement and Aquaculture Subprogram: strategic planning, project management and adoption
Barneveld Nutrition Pty Ltd
Robert van Barneveld
Principal Investigator: Dr Robert van Barneveld
1. Development and implementation of strategic plans and the facilitation of research and extension to assist the establishment of rock lobster aquaculture and enhancement systems in Australia.
2. Coordination of a wide range of discipline-based (ie nutrition, reproduction, husbandry) research projects across a range of rock lobster species relevant to different regions of Australia.
3. Identification and procurement of funding from a variety of sources additional to FRDC to compliment or enhance existing rock lobster enhancement and aquaculture research in Australia and New Zealand.
4. Identification and procurement of funding from a variety of sources to assist the commercialisation of technologies developed within the RLEAS research program in partnership with the commercial sector and research agencies participating in the RLEAS.
5. Facilitate the delivery of outcomes from the RLEAS in the form of annual workshops, newsletters, media releases, final reports, workshop proceedings and scientific publications.
6. Provide a single point of contact for rock lobster enhancement and aquaculture research in Australia.
7. Facilitate the functions of a RLEAS Steering Committee to ensure ongoing research programs have a high degree of industry relevance and focus.