Rock Lobster Enhancement and Aquaculture Subprogram: strategic planning, project management and adoption
Barneveld Nutrition Pty Ltd
Robert van Barneveld
1. Establishment of a framework for the delivery of commercial outcomes from projects undertaken within the Rock Lobster Enhancement and Aquaculture Subprogram, and a strategy for the longer term, self-sustainable coordination and management of research relevant to rock lobster enhancement and aquaculture.
2. Development and implementation of strategic plans and the facilitation of research and extension to assist the establishment of rock lobster aquaculture and enhancement systems in Australia.
3. Coordination of a wide range of discipline-based (ie nutrition, reproduction, husbandry) research projects across a range of rock lobster species relevant to different regions of Australia.
4. Facilitate independent reviews of research projects within the Subprogram as required to optimize research efficiency and project outcomes.
5. Identification and procurement of funding from a variety of sources additional to FRDC to compliment or enhance existing rock lobster enhancement and aquaculture research in Australia and New Zealand.
6. Facilitate the delivery of outcomes from the RLEAS in the form of annual workshops, newsletters, media releases, final reports, workshop proceedings and scientific publications.
7. Provide a single point of contact for rock lobster enhancement and aquaculture research in Australia and liaise with state-based industry bodies relevant to the rock lobster sector for the on-going delivery of rock lobster enhancement and aquaculture research.
8. Facilitate the functions of a RLEAS Steering Committee to ensure ongoing research programs have a high degree of industry relevance and focus.