Rock Lobster Enhancement and Aquaculture Subprogram: the feasibility of translocating rock lobsters in Tasmania for increasing yield
University of Tasmania (UTAS)
Principal Investigator: Caleb Gardner and Ingrid Van Putten
1. To determine the costs associated with translocation lobsters.
2. To model the economic outcomes of translocation based on available biological data.
3. To combine the cost and economic outcomes into a bio-economic model.
4. To model the economic viability of large scale translocation operations to achieve yield increases.
5. To identify crucial input data that impact on the economic viability of translocation.
6. To identify further data requirements from field experiments.
7. To evaluate cost recovery options for a long term operational system for translocation.