Low cost management regimes for sustainable, small low-value fisheries based on coastal inshore species
CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere Hobart
1. To review and inventory existing approaches for management regimes for small-scale fisheries, with emphasis on low-cost approaches.
2. To provide a guidelines document of advice and recommendations for the development of management regimes for small-scale, low-value fisheries, according to fishery family/archetype.
3. To use the NT Spanish Mackerel Fishery as a case study to inform and refine the guidelines document for one fishery family/archetype.
4. Via the case study fishery, to consider how to incorporate multiple sector objectives and how best to engage relevant stakeholders, in the context of pragmatic management regimes
5. In association with relevant management agencies, develop a new proposal to apply the guidelines to additional case study fisheries, and to continue the engagement with the Spanish mackerel fishery.