National people development: Building education and training pathways for research and development adoption
Anwen Lovett Consulting
Adoption, Industry, People
The Building Education and Training Pathways for research and development ( R&D) Adoption Project commenced in March 2017. The project explored how Fisheries Research and Development Corporation (FRDC) could more effectively engage with education and training providers to create opportunities for enhanced dissemination of the outcomes of its investment in R&D through courses and degrees. The Final Report was completed in July 2017.
1. Describe the current situation for delivery of higher and vocational education and training for the seafood industry, including identification of major providers,courses being offered and trends in demand. Content to include available courses, participant numbers, demand, and commencement and completion data
2. Identify how current and/or recent research is extended through vocational and higher education training systems. This will included assessing the range and extent of existing industry training and education courses which make reference to R&D outcomes from FRDC, and feedback from providers about how they retain the currency of their courses and knowledge of teaching staff.
3. Determine those critical jobs and functions in the seafood industry where currency and performance relies on understanding and/or application of R&D outputs.
4. Determine key issues or innovations addressed through FRDC's research portfolio that align with critical jobs and functions in the seafood industry.
5. Provide recommendations to increase currency of training and education with a focus on improving pathways to adoption of knowledge and technologies generated through FRDC's investment in R&D; including development of a plan to improve how FRDC RD&E outputs can delivered through a RTO through a commercialisation agreement. This plan would identify the major RTO/s that FRDC should develop agreements/partnerships with.