Rebuilding Southern Rock Lobster stocks on the east coast of Tasmania: informing options for management
University of Tasmania (UTAS)
1. Determine the relationships between recreational fisher behaviour (effort and participation) and Rock Lobster catch rates and abundance
2. Assess fisher attitudes and compliance behaviour to management scenarios designed to achieve the east coast stock rebuilding objective
3. Model the effectiveness of alternative management scenarios in constraining recreational catches as stock rebuild
4. Model the impact on fleet dynamics, including economic implications, of the expected shift to an "Olympic" quota.
5. Evaluate the costs and benefits of short- and long-term management options for the east coast Rock Lobster fishery