A framework for advancing social acceptance of the agriculture sector in Australia - A joint RDC initiative
AgriFutures Australia, on behalf of the RDC funding partners, is seeking to develop a sector wide understanding of community trust in rural industries. This scope includes identifying key and material issues with industry stakeholders in order to effectively baseline community sentiment quantitatively. This baseline will then provide data against which additional data collection activities in years two and three may be used to assess sector initiatives designed to improve trust, monitor changes in community trust and its drivers due to external factors, and clearly communicate sector sustainability narratives to key external and internal stakeholders. Moreover, there is significant power in approaching this as a collective of agricultural industries to develop a consolidated, consistent framework for community trust that may then be used in industry-specific ways as required.
1. A stakeholder engagement process to determine the industry’s key social license issues
2. An annual quantitative benchmark survey of community sentiment, including issues identified in the stakeholder engagement process
3. Pathways and models for improving community trust and acceptance over time
4. A report outlining the social insights and trust building strategies
5. Supporting communication material to facilitate interpretation of the data insights and research outcomes