The FRDC has obligations under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act) to ensure the efficient, effective, ethical and economical use of public resources. Clients, contractors and service providers who do business with FRDC are also expected to behave ethically, honestly and in a professional manner.
To ensure we maintain our integrity, the FRDC’s Fraud Officer is responsible for the receipt, assessment and investigation of fraud and corruption within or against the FRDC.
Fraud against the Commonwealth is defined as ‘dishonestly obtaining a benefit, or causing a loss, by deception or other means’.
The FRDC takes allegations of fraud and corruption seriously and will investigate any situation where inappropriate behaviours could affect the FRDC’s reputation. If you are aware of alleged fraudulent or corrupt activity involving a FRDC officer, or business who interact with the FRDC, you can notify the Fraud Officer by any of the following means:
Telephone 6122 2100
Locked Bag 222
Deakin West ACT 2600
All allegations of fraud and corruption will be treated confidentially, as far as the law allows.
Public Interest Disclosure (PID)
The Public Interest Disclosure Act 2013 (PID Act) commenced on 14 January 2014.
The legislation creates a public interest disclosure scheme that promotes integrity and accountability in the Australian public sector. It does this by:
- encouraging and facilitating the disclosure of information by public officials about suspected wrongdoing in the public sector
- ensuring that public officials who make public interest disclosures are supported and protected from adverse consequences
- ensuring that disclosures by public officials are properly investigated and dealt with.
The FRDC Authorised Officer for handling PIDs is the Manager, Corporate Services.
The Manager, Corporate Services
Fisheries Research and Development Corporation
Locked Bag 222
DEAKIN WEST ACT 2600
- Public Interest Disclosure Act 2013
- PID Standards
- Commonwealth Ombudsman's website
- Information Sheet - The Public Interest Disclosure Act; What's it all about?
- Information Sheet - How to make a public interest disclosure