Project number: 2022-076
Budget expenditure: $140,000.00
Principal Investigator: Stan S. Lui
Organisation: Indigenous Marine Resources Consultants Australia (IMRCA)
Project start/end date: 14 Dec 2022 - 4 Jan 2024
1. Document the impediments and opportunities for Indigenous engagement and adoption of IRG project outputs across fisheries management jurisdictions in Australia.
2. Identify the priorities for Indigenous fishing in jurisdictions with a focus on the 5 IRG RD&E priorities.
3. Develop a report synthesizing the impediments, opportunities and priorities for Indigenous fishing engagement and adoption to guide future IRG investment.
4. Develop a template for future IRG projects that will ensure engagement and adoption are maximized.
5. Professional development and capacity building of the Indigenous Principal Investigator and grow cultural awareness in wider participants.