Project number: 1996-391
Budget expenditure: $503,574.00
Principal Investigator: Geoff Allan
Organisation: NSW Department Of Primary Industries
Project start/end date: 5 Nov 1996 - 7 Jun 2004
1. Determine nutrient digestibility of major terrestrial protein and energy feed ingredients for which information is not currently available.
2. Determine contribution to fish and prawn growth of the most promising new ingredients and identify the maximum amounts which can be included in practical diets.
3. Evaluate carbohydrate utilisation and determine effects of carbohydrate type, content and processing on digestibility.
4. Use results to determine first limiting nutrients for fish and prawn diets based on Australian ingredients, and to formulate practical diets for evaluation in commercially relevant facilities.
5. Communicate results to producers of feed ingredients, feed manufacturers, aquaculturists and the scientific community.