Project number: 1995-037
Budget expenditure: $340,968.00
Principal Investigator: Dan Gaughan
Organisation: Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD) WA
Project start/end date: 12 Jul 1995 - 30 Jan 2001
1. Ascertain the correct taxonomic status of this species.
2. Describe the biology of Sardinella lemuru especially their reproductive cycles (including spawning biology and fecundity)
age and growth
3. Determine the catch at age distribution for this fishery.
4. Monitor the dynamics, locations and catch rates of the fleet.
5. Conduct ichthyoplankton surveys to provide data for the daily egg production method from which estimates of the spawning biomass will be calculated.
Author: Daniel J. Gaughan & Ronald W.D. Mitchell