TheThe Queensland Seafood Marketers Association has organised and hosted a National Seafood Marketing Symposium in Brisbane im both 2017 and 2018.
In each case the Symposium has has attempted to expand delegate knowledge of the impacts that creative marketing campaigns on the profitability and growth of their business.
There remains a strong need for seafood producers (fishers and farmers) to understand the current seafood market supply chain and advances in product development and marketing.
A further marketing symposium will provide industry with an update on current trends and approaches. it would further benefit industry:
1. Reinforce with Industry how effective marketing works.
2. Inspire participants with practical examples of effective marketing they could apply at a sector, category or company level.
3. Showcase examples of effective marketing to domestic demand, export, trade and industry.
4. Identify and explain new marketing channels and the opportunities they present.
5. Demonstrate how to incorporate a systematic approach to develop a brand.
6. Identify meaningful and distinct consumer markets through market segmentation.