Project number: 1996-338
Budget expenditure: $182,487.89
Principal Investigator: Steve L. Slattery
Organisation: Department of Agriculture and Fisheries EcoScience Precinct
Project start/end date: 8 Aug 1996 - 27 Feb 1999
1. Conduct market research and industry discussions to assess species and markets where opportunities may exist.
2. Develop package types to suit various target species.
3. Ascertain microbiological soundness of the concept, products and species which are the suggested targets, e.g. scallops, prawns, fish.
4. Use industry partners in development of products.
5. Conduct joint investigations on safety and shelf-life with the marketing and processing sector and determine industry standards.
Author: Steven Slattery